CLIMB THE MINE WITH KESWICK ADVENTURES
The perfect wet-weather activity near Keswick!
Climb the Mine at Honister Slate Mine is an adrenaline-filled adventure set deep in the heart of a Lake District mountain. Navigate yourself around the route in one of the underground mines in Borrowdale. This activity is the only one of its kind in England and is a truly magical day out for everyone!
Climb The Mine
£45.00 per person
Challenging and thrilling, Climb the Mine is an adrenaline-filled adventure deep inside the heart of a Lake District mountain. And it's the only one of its kind in England!
Climb the Mine follows the route of the original underground mine workings in Borrowdale. Complete with vertical climbs and rope bridge crossings, this wet-weather activity leads you deep underground to explore a secret world of hidden passages and magnificent caverns.
After climbing up into the roof of the mine itself - an experience once reserved for an elite group of miners - you will head for the grand finale, which sees you emerge triumphant to a spectacular view of one of England’s highest mountain passes.
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- We cater for groups, families and individuals
- Please come prepared for all weather conditions with waterproofs, gloves and strong footwear
- All essential equipment will be provided on arrival
- Arrival time: 30 minutes before departure. Failure to do so may result in your place being re-allocated
- Price: £45.00 per person
- Minimum height: 1m 30cm
- Length of activity: 1.5 - 2.5 hours depending on the size of the group